SANTA BARBARA | SERVER
$15.50/hour + tips
Email your completed application, resume, and cover letter to the link below
137 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Reports to: Taproom Manager
The Server is the main point of contact with our guests. As such it is the responsibility of our servers to provide exception customer service to all of our guests. This is done through continual communication: inform our guests about the daily specials, educate them about the menu and our beers, making suggestions about what to order, taking the order and suggest additional items. Talking to guests about any additional specials that we may be running i.e. discounts on beer to go, merchandise, upcoming taproom events, special beer releases etc. Our goal is to impress everyone who walks through our doors, making them a regular customer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to effectively handle customer complaints
• Excellent serving knowledge/skills to include but not limited to:
• Providing professional, friendly and caring customers service
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize timing of service
• Ability to proficiency use spoton handheld device
• Ability to articulate descriptive details of menu and daily specials
• Demonstrate up selling and suggestive selling
• Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
• Experience handling cash/CC transactions
• Point of sale proficiency - Spoton
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of:
• Beer, Wine, Kombucha, Seltzer and other products in the taproom
• Understanding different types of glassware
• Effective communication skills (written verbal)
• Adherence to companies grooming/uniform policy
• Adherence to company policies/procedures
• Positive guest interaction
• Positive staff interaction
• Must be able to work days, evening, weekends all holidays, (i.e. Easter Sunday, Labor day, thanks giving etc..)
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 LBS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sign in
• Check menu
• Check with manager for special instructions - table section
• Prepare server station
• Restock napkins, utensils, cleaning products
• With help from Busser (and only if necessary) move tables and chairs
• Wipe down tables after customers leave
• Mop main floor, pick up trash on patios
1. Excellent Interpersonal Communication.
2. Extraordinary Customer service
3. Organizational Skills.
4. Priority Management /Results Driven
5. Problem Solving / Adaptability.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee will spend most of their shift standing and walking, though is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move cases of beer up to 25 pounds and 50 pound kegs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, however employees are expected to arrive to work on time, in uniform and ready to work. Employee should be punched in at the scheduled time. All non-exempt employees who are scheduled to work 6 hours or more are expected to take their legally mandated breaks. Employees must punch out and be relieved of all work for their 30 minute unpaid mean break.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be able to read, write and understand English fluently
• Must be able to work in a loud environment with sometimes conflicting instructions.
• Must attend all internal training and maintain and certifications that are required.
The server will be mostly in the front of the house throughout their shift, they will be “on” smiling and interacting with customers in a temperature controlled environment. They may occasionally need to move to the back of the house where it will be hot and humid, often with slick or slippery floors.
This position does not require any travel.
• 1 year of customer service in a customer facing position desired
• Previous restaurant experience is helpful but not required