BUELLTON | BREWERY FILLER OPERATOR
Email your completed application, resume, and cover letter to the link below
45 Industrial Way Buellton, CA 93427
The Filler Operator position is responsible for operating and maintaining packaging equipment for Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. products going into bottles, cans, and kegs, with an emphasis on quality and efficiency. The Filler Operator will be expected to become comfortable with the startup, shut down, and running procedures of our various fillers. This position will additionally be responsible for general brewery cellar operations including product transfers, cleaning, maintenance, and reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sets up and Sanitize packaging lines and/or Filler (Bottling, Canning, and Keg Lines).
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot packaging equipment.
• Ensures all required packaging materials for the scheduled packaging order are
available and delivered to production.
• Fills packages according to the scheduled packaging order with a goal of maximum
yield, minimal DO uptake, and accurate fill levels
• Assures all finished packages are palletized, labeled, delivered to cold storage, and
accurately recorded on the packaging manifest.
• Ensures that product has passed all QC requirements prior to packaging.
• Records all Production Data on to daily logs. And ensures all data transferred is correct.
• Clean all packaging equipment used during the day.
• Alerts the Packaging Manager to any problems with packaging operations or large
variations to the scheduled packaging order.
• Preform minor repairs to the filler, under the direction of the Maintenance staff, to
troubleshoot various problems during the production run.
• Helps stage materials for the next production run.
• Data Entry for QC related to Packaging runs. Emphasis on maintaining contracted specs
for contract brews, as well as FMB brands.
• Communicates any unfinished tasks with a Cellarman on duty.
• All other duties as assigned.
1. Mechanically Oriented
2. Team Player
3. Priority Management
4. Effective Communication
5. Problem Solving / Adaptability.
This Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a floor leader for other
positions in the department.
The brewery filler operator works in a manufacturing environment with little or no climate control.
Some exposure to conditions that are hot, cold, and/or wet may occur. Awareness of your
surroundings, personal protective equipment, and proper attire are important to this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move cases of beer up to 25 pounds and 50
pound kegs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work
hours of 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the morning shift, or 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. for the evening
shift. Weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This Position will not require travel.
• One year of experience operating packaging equipment in a food or beverage facility.
• Industrial equipment operational experience is desired, but not required.
• High school diploma or equivalent degree (GED) required.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must be able to work independently without day-to-day hands-on supervision.
• Cleanliness and Safety minded