SANTA BARBARA | TAPROOM LEAD
Email your completed application, resume, and cover letter to the link below
137 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Summary/Objective: Responsible for overall operation of our Santa Barbara Taproom.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TASKS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Use Point of sale system (POS SpotOn)
• Maintain safety and cleanliness of workspace.
• Balance cash receipts
• Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchases of alcohol
• Clean bars, work areas, and tables, (maintain cleanliness of the workspace)
• Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment
• Collect money for drinks served
• Mix ingredients such as juices..
• Serve draft beer, hard kombucha, hard seltzer in a friendly manner to encourage repeat patronage.
• Stock beer windows, snacks, napkins, plates, bar supplies daily, etc.. at beginning and end of shift.
• Take beverage and snack orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
• Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons
• Crowed control of customers in taproom, enforcing taproom rules (ie: No outside alcohol allowed, staff must enforce)
• Open and/or close the taproom, prepare for service and/or special events (ie. Bands, large parties, etc.)
• Interact with, direct, and supervise employees in a fair and dignified manner (Kindly ask for task to be completed, if tasks are not being completed, prepare employee documentation)
• Ensure all finances are balanced and settled at the beginning or end of each day (ie: settle batch for credit cards, collect deposit, zero drawers out)
• Promote teamwork with a happy and cheerful work environment (ask politely for team members to complete tasks, ie: rearrange keg room, moving tables for bands, resetting taproom after bands.)
• Properly fill out managers log and with sales info each day.
• Report any issues to direct supervisor in a timely matter (if any issues occur send text or call supervisor with in 1 hour to report issue)
• Address complaints/issues from guests in a professional and prompt manner (make note in managers log of major customer complaints and the fix for the situation that occurred if fix was possible)
• Authorize comps and voids for all service personnel. (Make shift beer and spill tabs, employee discounts, comp tabs for customer satisfaction)
• Ensure the cleanliness of the taproom (direct busser’s and bar backs to clean. Promote continued movement around the taproom to busser’s. Keep up on bathroom checks)
• Have thorough understanding and practice of Figueroa Mountain Employee Handbook,
employee benefits, and company philosophies.
• Identify, address, and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. (If any issues occur with employees report issue and solution to GM)(If exception performance occurred make note in managers log)
• Identify inventory, equipment, maintenance needs weekly (make note every night in managers log if damaged or failing equipment is noticed, report when products are running low, ie: low on; dishwasher soap, snacks, beer on draft, canned beer, etc..)
• Handling daily banking needs (if out of small bills go to bank to
• Complete Keg & POS/Merch inventory on scheduled days (Complete Full bottle and keg inventory every Sunday, direct Barback to help with this)
• Respond to phone calls from supervisor in a timely manner
• All other competencies and duties as assigned
• Leadership skills (delegating task appropriately to team members, making sure team members stay on task)
• Strong interpersonal communication
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Results-oriented and customer-focused
The Taproom Lead has full supervisory responsibility for all staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time. They are occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may need to lift and/or move cases of beer up to 25 pounds and 100 pound kegs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, however the Taproom Lead is expected to be available during taproom hours of operation. Typical shifts will be 8 hours in length, a mix of day time and evening/night time shifts will be expected.
The Taproom Lead is subject to loud noises, variable temperatures and brewing odors. Occasional live amplified music inside the taproom.
This position vary rarely requires travel to the corporate office, other taprooms, outside events and festivals.
• High school graduate
• 2-3 years working customer facing role in a restaurant or bar
• 1-2 years in a leadership role
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to work independently without day to day hands on supervision, highly
motivated self- starter who is organized, detail oriented with excellent time management skills