CORPORATE | FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Email your completed application, resume, and cover letter to the link below
45 Industrial Way Buellton, CA 93427
SUMMARY: The Facility Maintenance technician is the main contact in the overall maintenance issues of both the interior and exterior the taproom/restaurants.
This is accomplished by achieving and maintaining the restaurant's standards of operation efficiently and safely and by helping facilitate operations, repairs, expenses, providing preventative maintenance and on-going upkeep of taproom and restaurant equipment.
A Facility Maintenance Team Member may not interact with guests on a regular basis, but his/her work is an important part of guest service every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete all maintenance related assignments.
• Maintains necessary inventory, tools and equipment. Orders department supplies to
• Maintains the building maintenance log/chart and the equipment maintenance log.
• Is responsible for the overall equipment operation and building maintenance of the
• Responding to any emergency equipment or building issues.
• Maintains a preventive maintenance schedule for each location to routinely inspect
and service of cooking equipment, refrigeration equipment and HVAC.
• Completes building and equipment inspections quarterly, documenting items that need
• Follows daily/weekly action plans prioritizing pressing venue issues to resolve in a
timely manner from the company maintenance request log.
• Maintains open communication with management and all department staff.
• Ability to pivot focus as needed.
• Enforces policies and procedures relating problems and emergencies, which occur
during business operation.
• Maintains the deep cleaning log for each location.
• Ability to assess issues to determine if resolution requires an outside vendor.
• Maintain company vehicle in clean working order.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and interaction with the taproom/restaurant staff.
• Assists in other duties as assigned in response to changing business conditions.
• Assist in related areas with any new locations as needed.
• Reports all issues, concerns and other items to direct supervisor
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None.
QUALIFICATIONS- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of the Company standards.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required:
• Must have a valid California driver's license and driving record in good standing.
• Must be over the age of 21
• 5 years of experience in related field.
• Ability to travel in a company vehicle and perform work as needed from Buellton to the
Downtown LA area.
• Able to work unsupervised with a sense of urgency.
• Knowledge of restaurant equipment refrigeration troubleshooting and repair.
• Knowledge of restaurant cooking equipment troubleshooting and repair.
• Light carpentry.
• Ability to properly use a variety of power tools as needed.
• General plumbing knowledge and repair.
• General knowledge of landscape and sprinkler maintenance, troubleshooting and
• Knowledge of electrical, basic wiring, troubleshooting and repair.
• Trade or College level certification in air conditioning, refrigeration or electrical
COMPUTER SKILLS- General knowledge of computers including word processing, scheduling and spreadsheet applications.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS- Ability to count and do simple math. Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division. Ability to do mathematical calculations using distance, volume, and area.
REASONING ABILITY- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, technical drawings or scheduled form.
PHYSICAL ABILITY- Daily travel to taprooms/restaurants, frequent kneeling, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching above and below waist level. Ability to safely use ladders. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.